Thursday, January 30, 2014

Salsa Chicken




I love a super easy, very few ingredient, meal. This is one that I have been making for a while. It is a nice go to when I didn't plan ahead, or don't want to go shopping to get supplies for something more elaborate. You can't go wrong with only needing three ingredients, and they are something most people already have at home. It doesn't look pretty, but it is very tasty!

Salsa Chicken
Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, thawed (However many you need to feed your family)
Salsa
Shredded Cheese (I use the Mexican blend)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. (Size of baking dish will depend on how many chicken breasts you use)
Place chicken breast in prepared baking dish
Top Chicken with enough salsa to cover each breast
Top with cheese (If you are anything like me, there is no such thing as too much cheese)
Cover baking dish with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear.



I typically serve with corn or mixed vegetables. Spanish rice is another nice side. I really like how the salsa helps maintain the juiciness of the chicken.

Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite quick and easy weeknight meal that is your go-to?


No comments:

Post a Comment