Monday, January 20, 2014

A Work in Progress- William's stocking

I don't get a lot of time to work on my cross stitching but the last 2 days I got a couple hours to work on it. I have never done one that is this complex but I am pretty excited for the final product. I didn't want to just buy any old stocking at Target for William for Christmas. I figured it would be much cooler if it was something that I made. My friend Krista had been posting progress of the stocking she was doing for her daughter and I was inspired. I knew I could cross stitch and figured that would be the perfect thing to do for William.
Luckily for me he doesn't understand the whole stocking thing yet since I am no where near finished. I am hoping to have it done by next Christmas. Pretty lofty goal since I only get to work on it sporadically for an hour here and there. I will get there eventually though.



The final product will be a stack of several animals. (Bird, Penguin, baby Polar Bear and Polar Bear) Like I mentioned, I have never done one this complex. By complex I mean having 2 different color strands of floss, all the highlight and shadow stuff, and it will also involve sewing. I am hoping to get into some sewing even though I have told myself over and over again that I really don't need that extra hobby and that I should stick to what I already know. Of course Pinterest likes to tell me differently and lures me in with all the amazing pins of things that I could make. 
I hope to continue to post updates on the progress here. Maybe it will keep me motivated and on track of my goal to finish in just under a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment