Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Finally getting started

I signed up for this blog years ago, but never did anything with it. My how things have changed since July of 2010 when I first signed up. At that point I had just found out that I was pregnant after a miscarriage, so I was excited, but still worried. Now I have a very active almost 21 month old. I hadn't yet joined Pinterest and had no idea of all the fun, creative things that I would find there. We hadn't bought our pop-up camper (We just got that Oct of 2013) and so I wouldn't have been able to write about all the renovations that I *hope* to do with it.
So new year, start of 2014, why not give this blog thing another go. I hope to write about my adventures with the camper, and have a place to tell all the funny William stories since I am horrible at filling out his baby book, and of course, a place to talk about my Pinterest success and fails.
So I might as well start out with one of my Pinterest successes. We have an unfinished basement which is kind of a pit of all things that don't have a place in the rest of the house. Under the stairs has been our storage for Christmas things. The wrapping paper and gift bags had gotten out of control down there. I came across this blog while surfing Pinterest and knew exactly what had to be done. http://www.acasarella.net/2013/03/for-love-of-labels.html
So off to Target I went to get a storage bin. Wait, take that back. I went to JoAnn's first because the bins were 40% off and I had a coupon for an additional 10% off regular and sale price. Yay coupons! The bin I found wasn't exactly what I had wanted, but I got it anyway. I had to go to Target for my other usual shopping and ran across the storage bins there, and they were half the price of JoAnn's! So I got my bin at Target. We already had a label maker, but for some odd reason hadn't used it. (Goal for 2014, use label maker more to be more organized.) So I got to work cleaning out that little disaster of a corner.
I did not take before pictures, as it was far too embarrassing of a mess. But I did take a semi finished product picture. There is still more to go, and I need to get another storage bin, but it is so much better than it had been.
Check out that organization!! Yes, I have a lot of wrapping paper, but I really like all the pretty patterns and colors that they come out with every year. Not to mention I need special Santa paper. So that got Matt started in wanting to organize the disaster of a basement. Yay! Now let's hope we can keep on track of this cleaning and organizing the basement. I have a small craft corner down there that hasn't been touched since before William was born that REALLY needs to be cleaned and organized. Once I can get to it that will be my next project. Also I should mention that it is really cold down there and not really a spot for William to play, so the organizing is slow going. 
I have a goal of organizing the basement and a goal of keeping up with this blog. Let's hope I keep up with both of them!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on your organizational success! So glad I could provide the inspiration! I look forward to reading about future successes :)
    --Elena
    acasarella.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post came at exactly the right time. I knew I needed to do something down there!

      Delete
  2. Go Lora! I can't wait to read more about your progress on organization and the Camper. And to see the pictures of your adorable helper. And William too. :P

    ReplyDelete